Learn the full extent of the 230km from Cassino Beach until arriving in Chui on this Brazil beach crossing tour. Pass through the 4 lighthouses, travel aboard our vehicles when you do not want to hike, arrive early in the camps to enjoy the sunset, take a sea bath if you wish, and enjoy the pleasant feeling of being in this place. Record the beautiful moments that make this scenery one of the most breathtaking of the coast of Brazil. A remote path in an intense experience between man and Mother Nature, in a connection that will transform the being and his actions. Incomparable with any other journey or trekking, it will release the adventurous spirit in you.
Our path will begin at the piers of the Ducks Lagoon bar, in the resort of Cassino, in Rio Grande – RS, to the jetty of the Arroio Chui bar, on the border with Uruguay, along paths where wild nature reigns. There will be 230km of deserted beaches, covered in 4 days of walking and 4×4 vehicles, between the Cassino and Barra do Chuí.
This trekking is known as the Crossing of the World’s Largest Beach, passing through shipwrecks, conches, and lighthouses. It is not a journey of overcoming or great efforts, but an opportunity of immersion in a place that enchants! From the jetties of the Lagoa dos Patos bar, in the beach resort of Cassino Grande in Rio Grande – RS, to the jetty of the Chuí stream, on the border with Uruguay, there are 230 km of beach. A continuous strip of sand that extends to the southern border of Brazil, with the Atlantic Ocean on the left and the ecological station of Taim and Lagoa da Mangueira on the right. A beach preserved by difficult access, which makes of its 230km, of which 180km is practically deserted.
Duration: 6 Days, 5 Nights
Start/End Location: Porto Alegre
Miscellaneous: Our groups confirms with a minimum of 6 participants.
Day 1: Porto Alegre/Cassino
1:00 pm: Departure from Salgado Filho Airport (terminal 1) to the city of Rio Grande / RS, where they will be accommodated at the hotel.
7:30 pm: Briefing (required).
10:30 pm: Dinner and overnight (not included).
Day 2: Barracks of the Barra do Cassino / 1st Camp
(70 km, of which 25km trekking and 45km by car 4×4 to the camp at the base of Sarita Lighthouse)
7:30 am: Displacement until the bars of the casino bar
8:30 am: Beginning of crossing the largest beach in the world.
12:00 pm: Lunch break.
1:00 pm: Restart of the walk and round of the car for those who wish to ride to the camp;
5:30 pm: Arrival at the 1st camp, assembly of the tents, sea bath and that pleasant and relaxed chat.
7:00 pm: Dinner and overnight
Day 3: Walk to the 2nd camp – Farol do Albardão (30 km)
6:30 am: Breakfast, dismantle tents (each one dismounts his) and start walking from 25 to 30km. Along the beach, there will be stops for snack and rest, to reach the next stop in the Lighthouse of Albardão, the highest of our coast, with visitation to the tower, from where we will see the columns of sand dunes and Mangueira Lagoon.
12:00 pm: Lunch break.
5:30 pm: Forecast of arrival at the camp.
7:00 pm: Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Walk to 3rd camp (30 km)
6:30 am: Breakfast, dismantle tents (each one dismantles yours) and start hiking towards the immense dunes of the Albardão and the lonely fig trees. A walk of approximately 12km round trip, and then follow to the place known as "concheiro".
12:00 pm: Lunch break. Restart of the walk and round of the car for those who wish to hitchhike to the camp
5:30 pm: Arrival forecast to the abandoned hotel camp, where the camp will be;
7:00 pm: Dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Walk to Hermegildo/Arroio Chuí (33 km)
6:30 am: Breakfast. Dismantle tents (each one dismantles yours).
7:30 am: Start of the walk, we will put the foot in the sand again.
12:00 pm: On this day lunch will be at the beach of Hermegildo, and then we will continue to Arroio Chuí to rest and celebrate the success of this beautiful crossing. During this route there will be the round of the car for those who prefer to finish hitchhiking.
4:30 pm: In the afternoon we will go to the Free Trade Zone (Free Shop Uruguayan).
7:30 pm: Dinner and overnight.
Day 6 Last day – trip to Porto Alegre
7:30 am: Breakfast
8:30 am: Departure in our vehicles to Rio Grande / RS, from where we embark in another vehicle to the transfer to the airport of Porto Alegre, arriving at approximately 7:00 pm.
Transfer Porto Alegre / Rio Grande;
• Transfer to Balneário Chuí / Porto Alegre;
• 04 days of activities on the beach according to the itinerary;
• 03 nights in camps;
• 01 overnight at hotel in Chuí on the last day;
• Transfer 4×4, on average 50 km per day;
• Team (trekking guide, 4×4 drivers, cook);
• Transport of tents and backpacks in support cars;
• All meals during the walk: breakfast, lunch trail (reinforced snack and fruit);
• Travel insurance.
• Lodging on the first day in Rio Grande (Suggestion Hotel Swan, where will be the briefing)
• Tent, sleeping bag and other personal equipment
• Power supply outside the described circuit
Schedules quoted in the roadmap are forecasts, there may be changes, depending on the group, space, or adverse schedule situations.
Our groups confirms with a minimum of 06 participants.
• Interested parties should be concerned only with their registration. We are in charge of forming the group.
• If you are interested in forming a private group, ask for information on the necessary criteria.
• Extremely necessary tent, sleeping bag, and thermal insulation or mattress.
• Participation in the briefing is mandatory to join the group and begin the expedition. At this meeting, information and fundamental criteria will be passed so that the expedition takes place within the safety and conduct standards of Roraima Adventures and the partners.
• A minor participant, only accompanied by the father or the mother, with the consent of the spouse. Minimum age: 15 years.
• The itinerary may be modified according to the weather conditions and/or for reasons beyond our control.
• The food provided during the expedition includes breakfast, trail lunch for lunch and dinner. If the traveler wishes to snack on the trail, he must bring and carry it with him.
• The booking of the trip will be confirmed by completing the registration form and proof of payment
After you book your experience, you will receive a confirmation email from us confirming that your payment went through. You will then be connected directly to the tour operator, in case you have any further questions. We are also happy to answer any questions about the tour, or travel in general in your country of destination.