Seeking extra comfort on your trip to the Uyuni Salt Flats?
On this 3-day tour, a local guide will take you to all the top sights in the Bolivian salt flats region, and you’ll enjoy 2 nights at the best hotels in the area. While most tours to Salar de Uyuni include very basic accommodation at hostels, this tour guarantees two nights in a luxury hotel with heating, private bathrooms, hot showers, and a gorgeous mountain view.
On this comfortable and relaxing experience, you’ll have ample time to explore the Uyuni Salt Flats, a natural spectacle that no picture can do justice. The tour also includes excursions to Isla Incahuasi, where you can get a 360 view of the flats, the Morning Sun Geyser, natural hot springs, colorful lagoons, and more.
This is tour is a great option for those who want to see all the top attractions around the salt flats, but prefer a more comfortable travel experience over the rugged options typical on tours to this area.
- Visit the incredible Salar de Uyuni, the largest salt flat in the world.
- Travel to Isla Incahuasi and the Morning Sun Geyser, among other top destinations in Bolivia.
- Stay in the best accommodation in the salt flats region and enjoy the special attention provided on a fully-private tour, if you choose.
Day 1: Travel from Uyuni to a breathtaking outlook point over the salt flats
- Heading out at 10 am, a guide will pick you up from your chosen starting point in Uyuni and take you to the eerie Trains Cemetery. You’ll then see how salt is processed in Colchani.
- Hike to the top of Incahuasi Island for 360 views of the salt flats and incredible surrounding landscape.
- Before heading to the hotel for the evening, the group will visit the Museum Chantani, an outdoor space filled with artifacts and sculptures crafted by a local Bolivian.
Accommodation: Tahoua hotel
Day 2: Visit the region’s top sights and learn about the local community
- Leave early in the morning to visit Ojo de Agua, where you can see water welling up over the crust of the salt flats. Then, see Cerro Catedral Chiquini, a towering mountain that looks like it belongs on another planet.
- In the afternoon, visit other must-see attractions, such as the Chiquini Cave, Campanas Islands, Corrales de Charagua, Yonza Canyon, and Pueblo Quemado (a small village). The tour will stop by tonight’s accommodation to enjoy lunch.
- Afte lunch, visit the some of the region’s brightly-pigmented and otherworldly lagoons.
Accommodation: Tayka del Desierto hotel
Day 3: See geysers and unique wildlife. Enjoy the relaxing hot springs before return to Uyuni
- Today’s activities begin at 6:30 am with a trip to the Stone Tree, a strange rock structure. Then the group will head to Laguna Colorada, where you can spot flamingos wading the red waters.
- Visit the Morning Sun Geyser and then take a dip in the Termas de Polques (natural hot springs).
- Next, the group will go to Laguna Verde, another desert lagoon well-known for its unusual pigment. After a long day of excursions, the guide will take you back to Uyuni (around 19:00).
- 2 nights accommodation in luxury hotels (including heating, private bathrooms and hot water)
- All transport required (4×4 vehicle with oxygen tanks (if needed for altitude sickness) and satellite phone for emergencies)
- All meals, except dinner on the second night
- Logistical support
- Guide (Spanish only or a guide that speaks English and Spanish, depending on which tour you book)
- Entry fees to the parks
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Drinks during meals
- Dinner on the second night
- Other personal expenses
- Please note that in order to reserve this Uyuni tour, we need to pay the operator immediately, so all bookings are final. If you have any questions before booking or want to confirm a certain date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note the shared tour is ONLY available on Thursdays and Saturdays and requires a minimum of 2 people.